- The war of 1812 is the only war in American history which congress
debated the merits of.
- There are 2.5 million new gonorrhoea cases a year among Americans
- If you could magnify an apple to the size of the earth, the atoms
in the original apple would each be about the size of an apple.
- Every second, 10 billion neutrinos pass through every square
centimetre of your body.
- A rope woven from the hair of one person's head is strong enough
to lift 10 cars.
- In its 120 day life span, each of your red blood cells makes
75,000 round-trips to the lungs
- According to relativity theory, a transatlantic concorde flight
leaves you two millionths of a second younger than your earthbound pals (submitted by
- "Kemo Sabe" means "soggy shrub" in Navajo.
- For two years, during the 1970s, Mattel marketed a doll called "Growing Up
Skipper." Her breasts grew when her arm was turned.
- A Saudi Arabian woman can get a divorce if her husband doesn't give her coffee
- The soldiers of World War I were the first people to use the modern flushing toilet. The
inventor: Thomas Crapper.
- The condom - made originally of linen - was invented in the early 1500's.
- In 1898, Bayer was advertising cough medicine containing heroin.
- Camel hair brushes are made from squirrel hair.
- Donald Duck's middle name is Fauntleroy.
- Swans are the only birds with penises
- Rats can't throw-up.
- An ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain.
- Ants don't sleep.
- A cat's jaws cannot move sideways.
- A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
- Blondes have more hair than dark-haired people
- The average human body contains enough: iron to make a 3 inch nail, sulfur to kill all
fleas on an average dog, carbon to make 900 pencils, potassium to fire a toy cannon, fat
to make 7 bars of soap, phosphorous to make 2,200 match heads, and water to fill a
- Every time you lick a stamp, you're consuming 1/10 of a calorie.
- In Texas, it's illegal to put graffiti on someone else's cow.
- 1/100 of a second is called a "jiffy".
- Bone is stronger, inch for inch, than the steel in skyscrapers.
- The phrase "rule of thumb" is taken from an old English law stating that a
husband could not beat his wife with anything thicker than his thumb
- Hollowed out lemon halves were used as a primitive diaphragm in the Middle Ages.
- Ants do not sleep.
- A can of SPAM is opened every 4 seconds.
- In Brazil, Pinto, the same name as the Ford car, is a slang term meaning a small male
- Fresca, the soft drink, had problems when it was sold in Mexico. Fresca is slang for
- In Germany, Sunbeam's Mist-Stick curling iron was translated into manure wand.
- Spam was invented in 1937
- 95% of the worlds population regularly suffers from Bellybutton lint at any given time.
- Dirty snow melts faster than clean snow
- Lightening can strike the earth with a force as great as 100 million volts.
- The white part of your fingernail is called the lunula.
- Emus cannot walk backwards.
- Cats have over one hundred vocal sounds, while dogs have about ten.
- Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
- There are only three animals with blue tongues - the Black Bear, the Chow Chow Dog and
the blue tongue lizard.
- Camel's milk does not curdle.
- Hamsters love to eat crickets.
- An animal epidemic is called an epizootic.
- Murphy's Oil Soap is the chemical most commonly used to clean elephants.
- Barbies measurements, if she were life size, are 39-22-33.
- The ridges on the sides of coins are called reeding.
- Very small clouds that look like they have broken off of bigger clouds are called scuds.
- Giraffes have no vocal cords.
- Cat's urine glows under a blacklight.
- A dot over the letter "i" is called a tittle.
- Race Car is a palindrome.
- Avocado is derived from the Spanish word "aguacate" which is derived from
"ahuacatl" meaning testicle.
- I like writing and reading useless information.